Friday, July 19, 2013

We like dancing and we look divine...

Naming this post made me realise that i didn't know how to spell divine. Now i do. You learn new things every day XD
The last few episodes of Doctor Who have been fantastic. Yeah.
And I wrote about 1400 words of Starman today. NOT TO SHABBY.
I think in the future, we're going to start seeing universal food flavorings. And maybe ways to prepare, say, raw broccoli, to take the form of macaroni and cheese.
Or just replace it all together XD
“Oh yeah, it’s a real gas- They’ve got a great band playing there on the seventh.”
“I used to go there years ago... I was probably about twenty, twenty one... Back when I first lived here.”
“You lived here before- You never told me that.” I leaned forward, as the car was stopped at a red light.
“Yeah. A long time ago. Funny, you live right next door to the apartment I used to live in. I almost said something, but then you’d be wondering how I found out, and, well, it never came up.” She tapped her bitten fingernails against the wheel. Pity, how short they were. They had a nice shape to them. All five of them, uniform- Wait.
“Well- How do you know where I live?” I said, somewhat suspiciously.
“Funny story- Hari was talking my ear off, and-”
“How’d you get him to talk- When I try to talk to him, he’s all shy and awkward.”
“Try about 9:30 PM, then get him a couple bottles of coke. He’ll open right up.” She laughed, then sighed. “Anyways... He starts talking my ear off, and mentions wanting to know your phone number. I don’t know why, maybe he wanted to call you about something. So, I try and find a directory, and find the official file. I probably could of stolen your credit card number if I wanted to- I saw the adress, like it was the only thing on the paper. Picking you up on that street really brought back old memories.” She looked ahead, eyes fixed on the road. “Me and a friend of mine would always walk down there- Not sure where she is now...”
“Lost contact with her?”
“Yeah.”

“I know how that is.” I bit my lip. Images of bright brown eyes filled my head, a lovely laugh, a funny smile, a painted face from another world. Black and white hair full of orange dust underneath the pink sky. “Just hope he’s well. And happy.” I fingered at my necklace. Darell nodded, slowly moving the car forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment