Thursday, July 25, 2013

Son of a TORTICE.

"LLWq."
"I'm sorry?"
"LlwQ!"
"I can't quite-"
"LIVE BY THE SOLES OF YOUR SHOES, BREATHE BY YOUR NOSTRILS."
And the seventh of the ducklings decided to grow a curly eyebrow.

"How has your day been?" QuiSian yawned, with a crooked smirk.
"Bright. Awful bright without the sandstorms, I can tell you that."
"Nice weather."
"Yeah, like Earth..." I leaned against the counter, drinking a sweet soup.
"What- You want to go back?"
"I don't know, I'm a traveler. I get that... feeling, you know."
"What about Darell?" He said, and I started to speak.
"She'd come with-"
"What about me?" He tilted his head, with a pout.
"Aw- Don't be like that... Wouldn't be caught dead doing that on Earth."
"There you go again- Those funny sayings. Don't make sense. And what do you mean?"
"Be diplomatic- Time for you to grow up." I walked out of the room, muttering. "Time for me to grow up."
Disapointment seemed to creep up on me, like always. He was so... Petty. "All that time I struggled to get back, and-"
"Hello- Donatello?" There was a knock on the door.
"HeMadel- Havn't seen you in a while."
"I've been looking for you- Is that QuiSian?"
"Yeah, he's- QuiSian, come out here- And please be decent."
"Right here. Oh- Hema! Hema- Have you got that new stuff I've been telling you about-"
HeMadel cleared his throat, keeping a straight face.
"Quiet Kuisi, please- What is it HeMadel?"
"The Earthlings have given me a mesage to give to you."He handed me a letter, "And I think I saw TilMade out there- Is she looking for QuiSian?"
"Probably looking for Darell..." QuiSian smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes.
"Her business is none of yours- If anything it's mine. If I spend my time with you all day, she's got to do something."
"Who- TilMade or Darell?" We turned to see TilMade peeking around the corner.
"Is it okay for me to come in?" She smiled at QuiSian, then glanced over at me.
"Are you alright?" She stared at me, and I could feel her reading me. She could read like the empress- except much more warm. If I didn't know her as a kid, I might of felt the same as Darell- much more diplomatic than QuiSian, something I might of been just starting to realise.
"I might of left a manuscript of mine-"
"On the table."

No comments:

Post a Comment