Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'M STUCK XD

I'm stuck on chapter eight. After that, I think I'll skip around a little more, two more chapters for team two, a few more for team three, and make it a lot more intense with the fourth teams against each other. Then they'd be preparing for takeoff, then... THE DRAMA STARTS.
I'd probably be almost to the 50,000 word mark by then. I'm at 17904 now. LONG WAY TO GO. Okay, I just wrote a bit for a later chapter- FLASHBACK STYLE. Except it's an actual flashback, not a memory or a dream sequence. Here's a nice paragraph of the Martian lifestyle XD:
“Well, I think I better check on that friend of mine- You’ve met QuiSian, right? Quaisinian, QuiSian?” I said, getting up from sitting at the edge of the canal.
“Yeah, I’ve met him- Though I’ve seen him more often than that. He seems to be all around here- Every time I read him he glows with youth.”
“That’s him, reeks of it.” I laughed, “It’s hard to get him off of me, to be honest. But he’s so darling I tend not to mind.”
“Are you going to paint?”
“Yeah, yeah... It’ll be fun, I’ve hardly done it since I was a kid, being so busy. QuiSian keeps on dragging me out to do it though. Last time I touched a Likanoi I ate it.”
“But I thought you were a man of science.” the one in the canal said, looking confused.
“Yeah, yeah I am. I just don’t force it as a way of life. In the day I sit around, waiting for a night when I dance it away. That’s me... The helpless dancer.” I stretched, getting ready to walk away. “Besides- I have the best dreams after eating Likanoi. It’s just the crimson and the deep blue ones that get too serious. The yellow ones can make one feel so divine... Like walking on the clouds.” With that, I walked away to find QuiSian.
“I got the basic color pallet, and there’s a lot left today, all blooming. It was hard to see, but luckily I borrowed TilMade’s lamp. Won’t miss it tonight- just as long as I don’t break it, of coarse.”
“Have any leaves?”
“No- Telo, we’re painting, not going into your flat for the night!” He laughed, “Now stay still, I’m getting your brows.” He took a fingerfull of the Likanoi mushroom’s precious paint, carefully applying it around my right eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment