Friday, May 17, 2013

Maybe if you TRIED...

My computer is cold. Very cold.
I like albums with a concept. That is what I will do. And it has to have a climactic ending. Like Ziggy Stardust, it tells a story, but there is a big variation inbetween the sounds of the songs. I like that. I remember I was slightly disapointed with Diamond Dogs, besides that it wasn't that good of an album compared to Ziggy and Aladin Sane, all the good songs were at the begining, and the content kind of died. And it's ending wasn't big enough. That was the problem. And there's the albums WHERE ALL THE SONGS SOUND THE SAME. Sure, they might be good individually, BUT TOGETHER- CAN'T TAKE IT.
Now Sgt. Pepper probably was the first to explore this idea, with the intro, With a Little Help From My Friends, and the reprise, it had a theme. Characters. I think an album should loosely tell a story. But not too much. Not like a musical- the songs could get too similar. Like Quadrophenia. It's good- except I have never actually listened to the album all the way through. It's long and it sounds the same, because it's a musical. But Ziggy- That is great. The idea is fantastic. I love it. I wish there was more. That was the best of Bowie. The concept was awesome. Not even Aladin Sane compares. It wins.
And also, you need a catchy song. With a good, strong backbeat. I love that. You shouldn't over do it, it could take away from it, but I've never heard it overdone. BUT ENOUGH OF MY RANDOM MUSIC RAMBLING. PEACE AND LOVE, MAN. GOODNIGHT. HAVE A NICE TIMES, MAN. Far out... WHAT A DAY, A YEAR, A LIFE IT IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment