Sunday, May 19, 2013

After eating a blob of wasabi about an inch in diameter or more, I got heartburn in my stomach, instead of my esophagus. Therefore, in my case, my heart is in my food. It dosn't hurt as bad.

Stuff is like that shade of blue, And you realise you really don't want to grow up.
Well, I thought profound thoughts about thirty minuets ago, but it's the kind of thoughts that are for the moment. Maybe could of been captured if I had a laptop. But no. The internet isn't the right medium.
You see, I don't want to grow up
I sure don't wanna grow old
Earn a couple bucks,
Go and lose your soul
I wanna live and laugh in the sunlight
Sing and love in the moonlight
Can't you see see,
Can't you see?
This isn't me, me
I've had enough.
With my out of tune guitar,
Kid you ain't going far.
I want to breath the air
Man this isn't fair
Can't you see?
This ain't me.
I had more. I did. I like it. The only thing I like so far. I feel good. I feel happy. I screamed and cried. And have a reason. I've got a high. In that sense, in the creative sense.. But read this, instead.

It was raining outside, water pouring from the grey sky, like a normal October day. Alice unlocked the door, closed it, and hung her coat up. She wandered to the next room, looking forward to finishing an old book, when she was greeted.
“Hello, Mauraine, how was your day?”
“Fine, why do you want to know?”
“My, just trying to be polite, strike a conversation, what is wrong with that? What’s on your mind, my dear? What causes you to be so... Upset?” He paced around her again, like always, smiling widely, madly.
“You’d think-” She was interrupted by his laughing, hysterical laughter.
“Oh, my. This is quite- Yes. Yes it is.” He turned around, smiling, laughing. She just stood there, in the middle of this strange reaction. “But my dear, how about you?”
“I- I’d like to read this, Thank you.” She sat down, getting into her book.
“And I’d like some tea. Good day, Mauraine.” He disapeared into the other room. This seemed normal- She wasn’t sure what to think of him, but that was normal. Except now- She had no idea how harmless he was, which was getting frightning.
But back to her book.
It had been nearly a month since I had last seen land. I started to wonder if this voyage were really worth all of what it would take. We had already lost two men to the storm, and it was getting-
I can’t read- Not like this. I can’t even focus on the first few words.
Then what should I do?
She heard the clink of porcelain, the pouring of tea.
“Emryss?”
“Yes?” He put his head past the door, leaned too far and stumbled. He straightened up, pretending like it didnt happen.
“Well...” She hesitated. She seemed to have a question to ask, but had no idea how to word it.
“What is it?” He asked, sitting down. He was calm now, leaning into the chair.
“Why do you do that?” She asked, bluntly.
“Do what?” He straightened up, a confused look on his face.
“Do... Well-”
“I’m not entirely sure what you mean, Mauraine. I can’t see in your mind, you know.” They sat there, when she realised she had left the radio on. He noticed it, tapped his finger on his knee.
“Why’d you do it?”
“Do what? Mauraine-” He smiled, shook his head. “Do you know what you mean now?”
“Yes. Why’d you kill it?” She asked, the radio crackling in the distance.
“Oh... Is this what this is all about?”
“Not really... But why did you do it?”
“Because... That’s what I did. I’m mad. I’m crazy, I’m odd. I’m insane, Mauraine, I’m a monster. That’s what I do, did then, and that’s it.”
“You’re not like that... You’re better than that. Why would you just kill a living thing like that- You leave the meat on your plate- I’ve cleaned it, I know.”
“I don’t like beef. I’m not sure what you mean by that, but yes.”
“Or pork. Or chicken. Anyways- Why did you do it?” he tried to think of a responce. “What did you do it for? You wanted me to think something of you- You wanted me to think you were- a monster. That’s what you keep on saying. You know what- I’m not afraid of you.”
“You’re lying, mauraine.”
“No, I’m not. You’re just a little old man-”
“Old?”
“Almost. A little- Well, you’re about twenty years older than me-” she shouted, folding her arms.
“What- No- I’m not that old!” He laughed, “I’m only- Wait...”
“17 Years. You’re older than you think.” she smirked, laughing a bit.
“Older than I look.”
“Hardly.”
“Naw... You’re just-”
“See?” She stood up, pointing at him, finger inches away from his nose. He jumped a bit, scooting back.
“See what? What’s wrong with my face?”
“Nothing- Well, many things I’m sure, But that’s beside the point. You’re not a bad person at all. Just a confused little man. Hardly more than a boy.”
“So first I’m twenty years older than you and now I’m ten years younger.” He tried laughing.
“Why do you do it? Just tell me- Why do I need to be afraid of you?” she looked down at him, hand on the arm of his chair.
“‘Cause everyone else is.” he said softly, hardly more than a whisper.
“What? Emryss...”
“No. Not really. You know what- My tea is over there, getting cold-” He tried getting up, but she pushed him back down. His cane dropped from leaning on the chair.
“Stop avoiding- Whatever this is. You don’t need to-” He bit his lip, looking around, then looked back.
“Leave me alone- Get away from me.”
“Emryss-”
“Don’t call me that.” He pushed her away, grabbed his cane, then got up.
“Well, then whatever you want me to call you- You don’t have to go-” She folded her arms again, flustered, walking towards him.
“Get away from me!” He left, slamming the door to the basement. Alice felt guilty for some reason, the air going dead ever so suddenly. He left his tea cold, the music ironically bright. Like he had said before about the radio’s songs, they all seemed to sound the same on a night like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment