Sunday, December 16, 2012

Yes, I'm the great pretender...

What is your special? What kind of special are you?
I just stayed up later than I should have writing something that may not be even good 'cause I can hardly think... I am so tired XD I would love to say something more, but I think I should be getting to sleep. Peace and love, peace and love, and I am now 5144 days old =D




 
I was reclining in the back of the bus, the seats aranged in a circle. Favio and Jasperaine had fallen asleep somewhere, Jasperaine's legs stretched across the isle. It was very late, I was surprized I was up. Hariban and Farika were also on the bus, Hariban face down on the seat across from me, Farika behind a curtain we set up (we may be strange, but we're gentlemen, at least I am). Miko was somewhat awake, next to me, trying to move a lock of hair out of his face with his tounge. This went on for about thirty-six minuets until Hariban started screaming in his sleep about his “secret dish”, we all didn't have any clue what that was about.
“That was bloody anoying.” Jasperaine laughed,
“Don't even know what that was about” Hariban shrugged, “I was having a dream about cows.”
“We should really get back to sleep, might have to do something tomorrow...” Favio yawned.
“You guys go ahead, I ain't really tired.”
“Suit yourself Liten...” They all made their way towards the front of the bus. I studdied the barren landscape outside for a while, barrely lit from behind the headlights. Wonder if I ever lived in a place like this...My pondering was inturrupted when someone suddenly sat down in the seat next to me.
“Sorry if I startled you, I can't sleep well either...” It was Farika, her sky blue eyes still bright in the night, reflecting the pale moon.
“No, it's fine, I was getting a bit bored...” I folded my bony hands together awkwardly, looking over at her tangled red hair.
“I find that hard to belive,” she smiled, leaning back, “You seem to always be thinking of something... Cleaver, arn't you?”
“They do say I'm a cleaver laev... An ugly one at that...” I chuckled, trying to fix my dark tangled mess of a beard.
“Don't say that- You look gorgeous compared to those fat pigs they seat at the top of society these days,that's for sure.” she laughed quietly- then suddenly became aware of what she said. “Oh, I didn't mean it like-”
“No, your right, the leaders of the government to tend to get ugly as they inbreed.” I said, intirely serious. She cracked up.
“Ah... I don't get why would anyone would ever want to not listen to you guys... If nothing else you guys are entertaining!”
“I try my best, that I do. I just hope we don't come across as flippant- I mean with you, you can just see your passion- but sometimes we must seem like a joke, don't we?” She just laughed at that.
“The others, maybe... Jasperaine in particular, but the things you do... there's passion in that. Besides, your also an entertainment group, have to give the public something.”
“I've always wondered about what exactly that something was that we're giving to the public... What did you think before you got into all this?”
“You gave me a ticket to join a revelution. Though I didn't get to hear much about you, being as remote as I was, I heard about four men going against the whole world. Figured I could do it too.” She took a bottle out of a bag, “Bit thirsty with all this dryness... Want a drink?”
“I don't really drink on these trips... Get motion sickness real easilly anyways...”
“Oh, no, it's tea, don't get too excited!” she poured a bit in a cup, “Guess you'll be wanting some?”
“Well, now I might... Not anything suspicious in that tea, is there?” I smiled.
“The mysterious mint plant- Known to drive a man insane.”
“Sarcasm, I can dig it.” I took the cup.
“So, how have you been liking the countryside so far?” she joked, making a jesture to the endless plane of sand out of the window.
“Makes my nose itch. Other than that, it's as exotic as Jasperaine's shorts.” I made her laugh again, still grinning. “You know, I can't tell if you think what I'm saying is funny or you're just laughing at my accent.”
“What do you think?”
“I actually think it's my mustache.”
“Or it could be your vest.” she giggled, pulling on one of the beads.
“What's wrong with my vest? I made this thing famous, you know.”
“Don't these strings get tangled in anything?” she grinned, twisting one of the thin strips of leather in her thin pale fingers.
“Is this some sort of undercover interview, or do you just really want to feel my vest?”
“Sorry, just a bit tired...”
“You can try it on, if it makes you happy. Smells like dirt and sweat though. Essence of Liten Aravid.” she laughed, eyes sparkling. “I know you've been eyeing it, looking in my direction, I'm going to safely assume it's the threads and not me.” I slightly laughed, jokingly taking the vest off and handing it to her.
“Bit big, does smell like sweat, dirt, smoke, car paint... Has a nice feel to it though...” she smiled soflty, smoothing out the piece of clothing.
“Next you're going to want one of my shirts.” I held out the rim of my sleeve. She stroked the fabric, down my arm and brushed the dark palm of my hand.
“Where do you get your strange clothing?”
“Markets all around the weirdest places you've ever scene, call 'em the hippie capitals of the world.” she laughed,
“Well, better give this back to you then,” she slipped the vest off, pulled the sleeve past my arm, wrapping it smoothly across my shoulders, slipping on the other side, slow and sweet, her long fingernails brushing against my right shoulder. I leaned back, looking over.
“Are you sure you didn't put anything in that tea, 'cause I'm feeling something like I havn't felt in a long time...”
“Only what you put in your curry.”
“Is that when it started?” She her smiling eyes seemed

No comments:

Post a Comment