Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ARE YOU AT A GREATER RISK OF BEING SCALDED BY A WATER HEATER?

I just did a beutiful sketch that I will probably draw nicer and bigger and make into a nice illustration... It was inspired by this, part of something I read that Yoko wrote a couple of years ago:

THE TEAMAKER

by Yoko Ono Lennon

John and I are in our Dakota kitchen in the middle of the night. Three cats: Sasha, Micha and Charo are looking up at John, who is making tea for us two.
Sasha is all white, Micha is all black. They are both gorgeous, classy Persian cats. Charo, on the other hand, is a mutt. John used to have a special love for Charo. “You’ve got a funny face, Charo!” he would say and pat her.
“Yoko, Yoko, you’re supposed to first put the tea bags in, and then the hot water.” John took the role of the teamaker, for being English. So I gave up doing it. It was nice to be up in the middle of the night, when there’s no sound in the house, and sip the tea John would make.
One night, however, John came up with “I was talking to Aunt Mimi this afternoon and she says you are supposed to put the hot water in first. Then the tea bag. I could swear she taught me to put the tea bag in first, but…”
“So all this time, we were doing it wrong?”
“Yeah…”
We both cracked up.

There's more to it, but there's the part that inspired me, I've got them in the kitchen which has been a nice exercise, really makes you think "What would be in a kitchen?" "John and Yoko's kitchen?" "A kitchen in the early 80s?" "What would be on the walls?" and so on...  And I added the silluette of Charo in the foreground, needed something there, might as well be one of the cats =D well, peace and love, peace and love, and I am now 5139 days old =D

No comments:

Post a Comment