Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

Nine more days according to the mayan calendar... According to my calandar the world ended on December 31, 2011 because I failed to purchase a new one.

This post is dedicated to Ravi Shankar, 4/7/20- 12/11/12. A day late it seems, in this modern world I usually get to know if something happens in a second, unless it's something I care about...  Ah, I remember first hearing that strange instrument when I was around 7 years old on a song I didn't know yet to be Norwegian Wood... I had found it to be a sitar played by George Harrison by the time I was 12, happilly downloading the Rubber Soul album, finding the variety of the album quite facinating. Over time I came to know and love George and the rest of the Beatles very well, finding that he was taught the sitar by a good friend, Ravi Shankar. For the longest while I'd have dreams of even just getting to play the instrument, sometimes even mastering it with a single touch as if magic were at work, it was always quite thrilling. So naturally I've always wanted to play the sitar, I just didn't have a Ravi to teach me... or the money to buy one, of coarse. And along with that I became some what of a fan of Ravi Shankar, even having a dream with him in it once, mentioning and refrencing to him like I do the rest of the classic rock icons that sadly no one gets who they even are... One thing I didn't know was that he was 92 years old, and as I say many times, "Why that's older than RINGO!" yes, quite an achievement to live longer than Richard Starkey XD

And on the note of classic rock icons, I have been attempting at small bits of Brian May's soloing... I'm afraid small bits are hard to master XD Millionaire Waltz is a song I've been looking at, pure genius. Well, I should be getting to sleep soon, I celebrated the minuet of 12/12/12 12:12, like I did with 11/11/11 11:11 and 10/10/10 10:10, PEACE AND LOVE, PEACE AND LOVE, AND I AM NOW 5140 DAYS OLD!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment