Saturday, June 15, 2013

I just learned that scientifically, music is actually addictive. That explains a lot, including my classic rock withdrawals XD MIND BLOWN.

I've gotten farther on Donatello. He has ears, even earrings. And he has a boot. OH YEAH.
 Notice my awkward faces. Wasn't sure where to look when taking a picture of something XD My hair is still poofy from the ferry ride yesterday. OH YEAH. I should get to sleep though...

Kenny was a nice kid. It was my fault he ended up this way. I couldn't tell my Auntie though, It always came out as a studdering wail. I wanted to tell them. I grabbed Kelly's arm, and she shrieked with fear. I started to cry, and I tried to talk like them. It didn't work, and Auntie spanked me again.
 Twelve years old, and all I could do was babble on like some sort of animal. But I couldn't even walk like one.
It wasn't Jerry's fault that I was hurt. Idiocy resides in the young and capable. Retarded is the title they give to the lame. At least they did when I was a kid.
I missed my mother.
Most of me hoped that she didn't mean to take to many, but part of me really knew what cousin Walter said was true. Walter was a frightening man. I wish I could say, What did he know?, but he knew more than a boy who couldn't go to school.
It was about 6 in the morning. I was bored and couldn't sleep, kept awake by nightmares. I wasn't aloud to scream, so I forced myself up and proceded to line up my model planes in rows, organising my pencils by color, stacking all the bottlecaps I kept in a little box below my bed. I had some coins too, I'd stack them and count them, seeing how many more I'd need to buy a train ticket, one to go away, to find the father I'd always dreamed of meeting. I didn't even know what he looked like, and I needed at least twenty times as many coins to get anywhere. This, along with dreaming, and drawing despratly to find some form of communication with the family that had took me in for the words in my mother's will, was how I spent the times, trying to keep myself happy. Because happy was all I could do. The only way to excape from sadness. I couldn't get out of bed, Auntie had folded up my wheelchair and put it in the corner. If she didn't do that, I might of been able to get out by myself. What could I do? I couldn't stop a seven year old from expirimenting with different meathods of tourture on me. I tried not to mind. I kept on drawing, I tried to remember what the neibors cat looked like. I liked cats. They were interesting, and quiet. When they did speak, it could be ugly. I liked the neibors cat.
"Get out of bed, it's breakfast, and your grandmother is expecting us in a little while. Get up!" I wasn't done stacking my quarters. I shook my head. I needed to count them all, just thirty-two seconds more. I tried to tell her that, just thirty two seconds. It came out the same as my asking for spinach instead of arugula, and my wanting to face the window. She saw it as disobediance, the same disobediance you'd get from a sleepless two year old. But I wasn't a two year old, and was treated differently. More severely.
"Just get out- Cousin Walter is going to have to watch you again, while we go out. And we can't take you with us of coarse, so that is that. You better behave, boy." I wished I could tell her not to leave me with that man. I groaned in protest as she dragged me off the bed, my quarters spilling everywhere, a couple silver dollars disapearing in the crack behind the furnature. I wouldn't get them back until they decided to move the bed around. I couldn't tell them to do it. It didn't matter- I was going to be put with Cousin Walter again. He scared me. I didn't know how to tell them, but all they found were funny stains on the livingroom carpet. Could of been anything.
She sat me down roughly, as I colapsed in my wheelchair. It would creak once in a while, which would always bug me. I hated odd numbers of creaks, and would bounce around despratly to hear another one, to satisfy my ears. She smacked me.
"None of that, boy, when you're grandmother is here. Hush." I glared at her, which she just ignored. When I was mad, I used to scream and thrash my arms about, but they never took that seriously. She would hit me, too. Said it scared the neihbors.
I wished I could run away, but my legs didn't work. I might of thought for a moment that I'd want my legs to work more than anything, but I'd be lying. I wanted to talk. I wanted to talk to them, let them understand me, show them I wasn't stupid. I was smart. I wanted to go to school, learn to read and write. They didn't let kids like me go to school, unless their family had money. My grandmother had money, but none of us. My mind went back to when my coins rolled off the bed. I watched them roll, over and over again. I couldn't really get them back. Someday I might, though. I could hope.
"Go and comb your hair back- no time for a bath. Then get dressed" I brushed my hair quickly, got on some new clothes, then got out to the table. Kenny was laughing, him and Kelly. Their laughter started to trail off when they saw me.
"Eggs are ready." Uncle Frank said, giving each of us our share of scrambled eggs. I didn't really like scrambled eggs, but I ate them. They all liked them, so why shouldn't I? I reached for the pepper, and Kenny grabbed it. He set it on the other side of him, and I reached for it again. I kept on reaching, and he pushed it away a bit, seeing how far my arm could reach. He saw it as some sort of game, thought it was funny. He didn't see my face, didn't see how I wanted the pepper. He just saw an arm reach further and further, unable to use legs to walk around and grab it. A normal person would of let it go, but I had to get six shakes of pepper on my eggs, or else I would feel sick afterwards. Once I only got four, and we ran out. I vomited all over the coffee table. I had to clean it up.
Finally, the pepper was past my fingertips. I mumbled something, trying to tell him that I gave up and wanted the pepper, but I never could form the words. He didn't listen, just laughed at the funny noises his cousin was making.
"Say the magic word..." He taunted, repeating a phrase he had heard from his mother and other motherly figures in his life. It wasn't supposed to be meant for this purpose.
I tried to say "the magic word", comming out like "Pw-wemagah!" I shouted louder than I meant to.
"Hush- Eat your eggs." Auntie gave me a stern look. I looked at the eggs, a sickly pale yellow, missing the specks of pepper. I needed the pepper. I tried asking for it, pointing it, and I started to bang on the table. I was hungry.
Jerry rolled his eyes, he really didn't want to be here. "Just give him the pepper, make him shut up."
I shook the pepper gingerly, six shakes exactly, and proceeded to eat my meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment