Monday, June 24, 2013

HAPPY FUN TIME.

I GOT MY DOLL ART FIGURE HAIR IN THE MAIL TODAY! It came from Dollyhair.com (I feel so manly XD), Very nice quality and at a great price, I must say. I would of payed four times as much- Well, actually, I probably wouldn't at first, but seing the product in person makes me very happy. I would pay for another, if I had another head to root, at any price, under $12. But it only cost me about five bucks, without shipping. Shipping wasn't that much. But anyways, BEUTIFUL COLOR, going to suit Donatello quite nicely. It dosn't quite now, he still has a huge bald spot and the hair is sticking out in all directions. It took me about two hours, and I'd say I've got about an eigth of the head done.
HERE'S MY PROGRESS:


 16:28 (My face is looking like Jareth in that one XD YOU REMIND ME OF THE BABE.)
18:52

20:14
20:38
And here he is, looking much less rediculous with his hair pulled back. Okay, maybe it took about 3 hours (I stopped to eat somewhere in there), but it wasn't too bad. Relaxing. Not tedious, gives me an excuse to watch Sgt. Frog. I like that in a project. It's pretty random after you get the hairline down, so there's no sweat of messing it up. I've also baked the hands, so they're hard. (The hands were another story, VERY nerve racking when raw XD)

You know what, I think I'll write about him now. I forget he's a chararacter with a story I made up, sometimes. He's such a pretty thing. In my opinion. It's probably a very unique opinion XD But he's quite pretty. A petty, stupid, pretty thing. And quite lovable.

Here is a part of what I just wrote. Only a part of it, I wrote 821 words in less than an hour. Pretty good. The whole thing has 8121 words, so far. 21 word processor pages, would be about 35 in a paperback- I might need to split up the three chapters XD

“How did it go?” Darell sat next to me, smiling.
“To be honest... It was a drag.” I yawned, and  she laughed.
“Why, was there a problem?”
“Many things. Though I’m probably making a big deal out of nothing.” I smirked, and she sighed.
“Yeah... Well, the guy measuring the fat and muscle percentages said I was overweight, looking at my BMI. Didn’t know I was a woman.” She laughed, “I hope he scratched that out after I set him straight.”
“Well, at least you don’t have the muscle to fat to height ratio of a 260 pounder.”
Really?” She raised her eyebrows. “Well, you’re all kinds of unusual, arn’t you?”
“Yeah. Luckilly for me, I’ve got half a mind to ignore that. But I’ve got about five other halves of the average brain, so it’s a problem.”
“You’re head isn’t that big. I’d say two brains, at the most.”
“Why, thanks.” I laughed. “It’s the hair- really.”
Really?
“You say that a lot, don’t you.”
Really?” She laughed. “That was entirely unintentional.”
Really?
Really.” She folded her arms. “Now, what are they having us do next?”
“We’re going to try some freeze dried space food in the cafeteria.”
“Oh, Lovely.”
“That’s all we’ll have for eight months. Freeze dried casseroles, with some freeze dried icecream for desert. Or something like that. I just hope they’ll make it vegetarian.” I uncontiously twirled my hair around my fingers as I talked.
“You too?”
“Yeah- And Quinn, and Hari- and maybe even more of us- Funny how that works out, isn’t it?”
“Well, they do say great minds think alike. “
“Who is the ‘they’?” I cocked my head, confused.

“Well, then again, maybe it’s just a coincidence.” She laughed, nudging me in the arm with her elbow. “See you at the caffeteria.” For some reason, I felt confortable with that physical contact, something I’d usually be taken aback from in a professional setting, especially back where I was from. But somewhere in my head, I thought we were hitting it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment