Monday, November 12, 2012

THE YAKIMA OF LIFE.

Today I just spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME on putting fancy specified playlists and files on my ipod... like A FULL 45 MINUETS... XD And I'm almost done with my last George paper doll... I think this one's my favorite... he looks kind of like this:
 YES, I KNOW, RIGHT? I LOVE IT. And I also will post this, because I wrote it yesterday I think.
 
Friday was a fine day to go to the market.
Alice had just found out that she got the reporting job, and was going to start work Monday morning. It was a great feeling, getting to be able to do something productive again. She smiled thinking about the job, much better than she could of ever thought to get on her first try. And with a slight bounce in her step she made her way into town to get some food, looking eagerly in the windows of the shops on the way. It looked like they had a nice amount of customers, as they should on such a bright sunny day. As the sun shone on she walked along the road and stopped to get some bread at a bakery.
“Good morning!” the woman at the counter said, greeting her with a smile, “I don't think I've seen you around here before, are you new to the area?”
“Yes, yes I am. I just moved in a week ago or so.” she smiled, nodding.
“Oh, what can I get you then?”
“This bread with the seeds in it, is it fresh?” she asked, pointing to a loaf behind the glass at the counter.
“Out of the oven about an hour ago, miss.”
“Great, I think I'll buy it and half a dozen rolls, I didn't get things as fresh as this where I came from.”
“And where was that?” she asked, putting the bread inside a paper bag.
“Well, I've lived in a few cities, not nearly as nice as here I do have to say.”
“So your liking it here, your house and everything?”
“Funny you should mention that...” she chuckled to herself. “You see, I do like my house, although others seem to be afraid to even touch it, you might even be one of them and I wouldn't blame you.”
“Your house?”
“Yes, the one I just bought and moved into was the _ house, the one with the curse and all that. At first glance I just dismissed it as rubbish, but now it seems rather serious, seeing people's reactions.”
“You were the one who bought the house?” she said warily.
“Yes.” she answered nodding, “I don't mean to pry, but did you ever get to see the boy... the one called Emryss?” She abrubptly stopped bagging the rolls when she heard the name.
“Emryss...” she whispered carefully, “There was a time where we didn't even dare speak the name, but I suppose he hasn't come back so far, he wouldn't very do it well now, after all these years...” she spoke nervously. “I remember him, I was only a young girl, a child, but I can still remember the eyes...” she murmured, looking uneasily at her memory, as if she were seeing him right then.
“The eyes?” Alice asked, quietly.
“Yes, his eyes... If you didn't know he was mad you'd know he was mad then just by looking at his eyes- He had crazy green eyes just like a madman would, they would burn, burn right through you, burn right into your soul... When I first saw him I had to have been around four years old, I might of saw him before but didn't notice, but then, that time he was going mad... Scared me out of my mind, as he nearly did later on, even to the end...” She rambled, Alice facinated.
“What did he look like- besides his eyes, I mean?”
“Well, he dressed well, I remember his clothes being very fancy, expecially for a boy of his age when he was young, a bit old fashioned but well. He also had long brown hair- almost red, yet still brown- and had gotten a scar on his face somewhere along the line... Why do you ask?”
“I was just curious, sorry... There's a number of paintings left on the house's walls, I was just wondering what he looked like, if any might have been of him...”
“No problem. I have the bread here, it'll be...”
“Oh, I added it up, here.” she said, handing her some coins. “Keep the change.” she said, turning towards the door. “Oh, and thanks! Sorry for that-”
“Oh, it was no trouble, no trouble at all!” the woman at the counter said smiling as Alice left.
“Poor girl...” She turned as she put the money she got from the bread away. “So young, too. Wonder how long she'll last with the curse...”

IT WAS EXACTLY A PAGE LONG... I always can't automatically type out a chapter like that on more than a page, used to, but with this story it's different... I JUST TRIED ON MY FIRST GLASSES FROM WHEN I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD... they were very small and my Yellow Submarine poster on the wall looked like a smudge... it's only about six feet away, too XD and THIN FRAMES... egh... don't like it XD WELL, AT LEAST MY GLASSES NOW HAVE A QUALITY OF AWESOMENESS TO THEM, PEACE AND LOVE, PEACE AND LOVE, AND I AM NOW 5110 DAYS OLD!!! =D

1 comment:

  1. Excellent start to a promising story. You definitely need to develop this talent, young blogster.

    Dark Master

    ReplyDelete