Saturday, November 16, 2013

MY BIRTHDAY PRESANT TO MYSELF IS SLEEP- WITH A STRUGGLE TO GET A HIGHER WORD COUNT LATER.

So, I only 1456 today. Sad, but okay. I'LL WORK ON IT ALOT TOMORROW XD So have a fat chunk of it. Happy birthday.
“Where do you think is the best place to attatch the teathers?”
“Anywhere- We’re far enough from the ledge.” I said.
“We should- We’re already going against regulations.”
“Alright, I’ll tie them off.” I took the ends of three teathers, attatching one to my belt. I looked around in the mess of orange, searching for anything that could keep them in place. I could tie them off around here… It’s too cold to be wandering around to find something better. I felt around the wall, finding a place large enough for two of the teathers. “Right. Only two…” I looked back at the others, then at my own teather. Who gets left out?
I sighed, looking back at the two. I could connect both of theirs… But I’m the one having to walk over here. One of them goes. I turned the teathers around in my hand, color coded as if to detour me from a random decision.
“Not me… Not Janine… Not Holzmann…” I looked down at my hands, now getting cold. “Holzmann will have to do.” I connected the other two, then looked around for a place for Holzmann’s.  “Here’s something.” I found a loop on the wall- Not quite as sturdy as the one for the other two, but it would work well enough. Wouldn’t it?
I decided I wasn’t going to walk any further, latching it on and brushing off my hands.
I walked back, then crouched down to inspect the damage.
“You connected them all?”
“Yeah, found a place just over there.”
“Alright. Here’s part of the cable to the generator.” He said, as I started to wrap it up, repairing what had ripped before. My mind started to wander, as I thoughtlessly wrapped up the cable. What would they think if they knew what I was? I’ll have to tell someone, eventually. What would Darrell think? I shifted my knees, trying to stop my feet from falling asleep. What about Hari? What about me- When could I return? Should I? Could I?
My hand slipped, falling over- grabbing desprately onto the farthest piece of the teather I could reach, pulling myself back up.
“Are you alright?” Janine asked, as I nodded.
“Yeah- Yeah.” I nodded, inhaling deeply through my nose. Thunder boomed above, though no light could penetrate the darkness of the clouds of dust above.
“There’s more fraying down here- I’ll try and get it fixed.” Holzmann said, carefully moving back.
“Carefull- That’s a bit far.” Janine said, looking up from the cables. The dirt was getting thicker- Everything getting darker and thicker, as I thought I could smell it’s earthy smell- Feeling it scratch my bare face and burn my squinting eyes.
“Have you got it?” I shouted.
“Almost. Then I think I’ll move over there again.” He said, straining to make his voice not sound as if he was trembling.
“Maybe you should head this way- Just in case.” I bit my lip, starting to feel naucious.
“He’s fine in case anything happens, teathered to the wall.”
“I know- But just in case.”
“I’m fine Taylor!” He shouted back, laughing. “Wind’s getting stronger, but don’t worry, I-”
We heard the sound of metal creaking from behind us, as something whipped me hard in the back- leaving a throbbing sting. I fell over on my side, desprately grasping at anything- Finally reaching a piece of my teather. I listened, as I still heard the sound of a struggle in the distance. Holzmann screamed, as metal creaked more.
“Help- I can’t hold on!”
“Holzmann- We’re comming!” Janine said, as I squinted at the sight of Holzmann’s vague figure- Just hanging on to the ledge in front of him- Body being pulled the other way to the point that it was horizontal in mid air. I got up in the storm, running against it, then slid to reach out to Holzmann- The teather stopping me three feet short of reaching him. “No- I can’t reach- Reach further!”
“I can’t- Help me!” He cried, hanging on desprately with his fingertips- One hand pulled off.
“Holzmann! Just reach out to me!” I screamed over the wind, as his other hand disapeared, his body disapearing into the thick fog of dirt- A sickly red, as if the whole plannet had been soaked in blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment