Friday, November 8, 2013

I'M A MAN OF THE LAND

Well, I have stuff and things. I JUST WROTE SOME WORDS. YAY DARRELL- I like Darrell even more now. YAY. I'm really tired, and that's pretty much it. NOVEL EXERPT TIME:
“Got to get going then.” I pushed myself through the hallways, still bright and the outside still dark like any time of day. I was sure to be quiet- Hard to make noise in the ship anyways.
“You made it, Starman.”
“My- That was a bit startling.” I turned to her, while she handed me a flashlight.
“Lights should go out in five minuets- Then we’ll only have the dim ones. Ready?”
“Sure.”
“Have to make sure who ever recieved those instructions dosn’t know where we are, so we’ll have to move slowly and carefully. It’s all the way on the other end.”
“Let’s get started then.” I said, as she pushed off the handles in front of me. “Almost 29 more days. Been waiting for this.”
“We all have- Can’t wait until I get my own room, own equipment, start a normal life again- Well, as normal as it can be. It’s all been like a long plane ride- With a hell of a view.”
“I never thought I’d miss gravity- I just wish I could fall off a ledge right now, fall on my face and skin my nose- And stay there until I got up. That would make my day.”
“They’d think we’re mad on Earth.”
“That’s because we’re Martians. Beutiful, intelegent, androgynous martians.” I said, catching a glimpse of a window. Same old stars, same stars both our ancestors had seen for millions, billions of years- No matter how far they had been apart, they were the same stars.
“Exactly. And they can’t do a damn thing about it.” She laughed, opening the next door. I caught up with her, seeing her smile lit by the dimming lights above.
“Earthlings.” I shook my head jokingly, looking back up at her eyes. They were green- Green like an apple tree in summer, or a green flavored lolipop. Green was very much a flavor, accenting both the exotic and the lazy. Giving life to boring landscapes.
I wandered behind her for a moment, trying to keep up. She was still faster than me, even when weakened from lack of sustanence.
“What do you think of them, now that you’re out of it all? You know, them on Earth?”
“I think… I think they’re absolutely and hopelessly mad.” She laughed, “Going around, working their lives away and killing for pieces of paper. Sure, we wouldn’t be up here without millions of those papers- But we don’t really need them anymore. Realise- They don’t really pay us, but I’m just alright with that. I don’t want their money. Other than that- They’re awfully dull, don’t you think? Don’t know what it’s like to live day to day in a tin can.”

“Terribly dull.” I nodded, catching another glimpse out the window, then back at her- I was catching up a bit. I smiled. “Now, what do you think of me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment