Saturday, November 2, 2013

DOS DE OCTUBRE, SECUNDI DE OCTOBRIS

Yeah, SECOND NANOWRIMO DAY, Got around 2000 words done. Could of done more, but I was pretty distracted today XD But it's still going well. I'LL GIVE YOU AN EXCERPT:
“How are the mashed potatoes holding up this month?” Quinn asked, calling attention to my food instead of the matter at hand.
“Good, actually. Much better than the scrambled eggs.” I shoveled another weightless spoonful into my mouth. “The real question is, how’s the ship going to hold up?”
“We just had another blast last night, and there’s still a bit of turbulence out there. Not really my feild, but I’d say it’ll take a while to get the repairs done.”
“And in the mean time, they’ll see I left my post when we give the reports.” Hari sighed, inbetween sips of tea.
“I was the one who fell asleep- Who cares what Earth thinks. We won’t be seeing all that again.” I wouldn’t be pushed around for what I couldn’t help anymore, like an actual hero- Education could get you anywhere. I picked up a shining packet of butter, squeezing some in the potatoes. The opaque yellow substance glistened in the bright lights. I was starting to miss the sunlight, growing tired of vitamin supplements.
“I’m just afraid of who did this- and why it was done.” Hari said in a hushed tone, “Same kind of thing happened to Himura… Can’t be just a coincidence.”
“Quiet- You don’t want to be next, they could be watching us.”
“I’ve been suspecting such for a while. There’s no way the man would let us free without someone watching our backs. That would be too idealistic.” Quinn said under his breath, reaching for another condiment. “You’ll know when the people running this program come up with an excuse for it. You saw the evidence- And that’s it.”
“You three just sitting around, talking?” Barbara Patton came up, placing her hands on the table, causing Hari to retreat to taking up less space out of instinct.
“Yeah- Should we be doing anything else?” Quinn pushed his long hair back, with a self-satisfied grin. No one pushed around Dr. Davies without one of those.
“Well, for one you could try working on the solution to this- Expecially you two- You were involved more than us.” She pointed her finger at me and Hari, fingernail coated in a dark cool red, clashing loudly with the orange uniform.
“Hey- What happened happened- I was the one who repaired the systems, with the help of Janine- And Darrell and I convinced Bennett to take over- On a route that Hari found, saving your life. And what did you do?” I jutted out my chin, trying to mimic Quinn’s cool expression.
“That’s besides the point- I didn’t cause it.”
“They didn’t cause it- They may have noticed the problem a little later than what would of been best, but they certainly didn’t cause it.” Darrell said, comming up from behind us.
“So you admit their faults.” Patton said, causing me to scoff.
“People make mistakes. I’m sure you have plenty of times.” She raised her eyebrows and her voice, biting her chapped lip.
“That, Leonard-Mailer, was unnececsary.”
“Right. You’re being entirely necessary right now.”
“We don’t get funded for bickering- Patton, we’ve got a problem in-”
“Glenn, I was just discussing how Bhattacharyya and Taylor were the ones most involved in this problem, and maybe they should be responsible for fixing this mess.” McKinney came in behind Glenn, as others decided to soon follow.
“We don’t know if anyone should be blamed for this. They may have been irresponsible-”
“Rules do say not to leave your post at that level of alert. He should of known that.” Alisha Munson said from behind, and Hari rolled his eyes.
“I was well aware of that. I was trying to find out why the computer was slowing down- I thought Steve might know who was slowing it down. It was probably one of the cables breaking.”
“But Taylor was there.”
“I was- But I fell asleep…”
“Listen to that- He admits to it.” Patton said, and Darrell shook her head.
“He was working a lot of hours that night- Suprised he was still up to doing repairs on the filters.”
“You’d think he’d realise when the whole thing shut down. You’d think-” Patton was interrupted, something I was hoping for- but from another source. The red warning lights had come on, a ear-splitting alarm sounding.
“What is that- Anyone see a monitor?” I shouted over them, looking around.
“They’re all showing error messages- Can’t get passed it!” Steve shouted, looking around. We all started to rush out of the room, to see what the trouble was, steve leading the way.
“I think I’ve got one that works- Fire!” He shouted, just before a deafening explosion shook the ship.

I haven't used Hari's last name in a long time XD HARISHCHANDRA BHATTACHARYYA- MAN, WISH I HAD A NAME LIKE THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment