Tuesday, November 2, 2010

AMAZING CONNECTIONS

WOW! you know how I said I had a split personality, and that my hands were different, and that I was thinking of the different sides of the brain in my last post? well I found a site about the right and left sides of the brain, and while reading it, I was amazed. look at this:
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe
RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking
THEY ARE LIKE EXACTLY LIKE MY PERSONALITIES! (this is my right personality, my home and web life) my home/web personality is more outgoing, brave, carefree, that kind of thing, and if I was at school and knew people would see this blog, it would be way different. maybe its the sense that this site isn't permanently there, and that I can move on, I don't know. this made me wonder though:
Experiments show that most children rank highly creative (right brain) before entering school. Because our educational systems place a higher value on left brain skills such as mathematics, logic and language than it does on drawing or using our imagination, only ten percent of these same children will rank highly creative by age 7. By the time we are adults, high creativity remains in only 2 percent of the population. 
so, I think I'm probably part of the ten percent, and I definitely used to.be. now, looking in the mirror I could actually see these two sides of myself, one looking more honest and innocent, and the other looking like a Hermes kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment