Wednesday, December 4, 2013

MAN, THAT IS A

Well, there you go, have five years to spare
I Don't Know. I must write something. Something interesting.
"Hello, who is this?" Yyttensio spoke into the entry door, hoping despratly that it wasn't another person with a pencil and a book in their hands. He had an event to go to.
"It's the Vallepti." The voice from behind the door said, causing a grin to spread across Yyttensio's face.
"Which one?"
"The only one in this town."
"Good enough." He opened the door to an old friend, adorned with the strange attire he seemed to have aquired over a life time. A vibrant lifetime, one of a dancer. "QuiSian, haven't seen you in days. What-"
"I've been busy with TilMade. Nothing too interesting. Now, what's going on in the life of YytTien?" He raised his eyebrows, as if faced with an interesting matter.
"Well, I've been trying to figure out the new radio signal reciever- I've been getting clearer results from Ullenii, but nothing too interesting yet."
"Good, good! That's fantastic."
Fantastic. Then, for seemingly no reason at all, my heart sunk.
It was a word from Ullennii's English, incooporated into our language from the Starman. I loved the Starman, don't get me wrong- Yet QuiSian had really loved him.
It was an ugly thing to be jealous of a dead man. So very ugly. Ugly enough to be called a Reiduni, yet it was if I couldn't help it.
He found an Acrylleptan who worked with Ullennii's communication. The facts about me were all he seemed to need.
"Now, what about imaging? How are the satellites?" He asked.
"Not any thing new since you last asked, but I have gotten quite some improvement on the medical devices I've been developing-"
"Well, that's nice." He nodded, putting on a smile. "You know, I was just going down to the west side of town. Nearly sunset, wondering if you might want to go."
"Did you ever want to go to Ullennii?" I asked.
"What?"
"Did you ever want to go, as the Starman?"
"No, no, YyTien." He laughed softly, "I'm not cut out for that- Couldn't even spot it through a telescope. You know that."
"Yes... Then why are you so interested in the technology we've been developing?"
"Well... I never said I wasn't interested in Ullenni, or the position and ideas of the Starman for that matter." He paused, taking out a Likanoi stem from his pocket and sucking on it's powdered insides. "You know that. Everyone knows that. I knew him, better than anyone else did. Lived in my house, with TilMade. I'm a logicless idealist, as he would say. He's one too-"
"Was. He's dead."
"We don't know that for certain-"
"The craft exploded, burned up- And the humans didn't even find it's remains. The Starman is dead." I folded my arms. "And that means Donatello is too."
"Alright, so you say he's dead. Alright. And it has nothing to do with the west side of town."
"I'M TIRED OF WRITING.

No comments:

Post a Comment