Sunday, June 1, 2014

Well, I've been watching disney films today... Back when animation was good.
Why isn't it good anymore? Why can't they bring the intelligence back into entertainment? What has happened?
Like Frozen. Everyone says it's the best film ever, but it can't compare to disney before cgi. Well, the first few were good- Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo... And after I was a kid, they all went down hill. Stupid entertainment- Why? They've gotten tired of doing what they aspired to do in the first place and just want something marketable with story lines and emotions cut into bite sized portions? I want another great cartoon, with real animation, with a great storyline, characters- And actually good music, too.
To be honest, Frozen was awful. It did have some promise, especially compared to the kids stuff I've seen today, but I started watching the movies from when I was hardly old enough to remember them. They were great. They didn't rely on the toilet humor you see today, or the simple concepts, or the funny looking characters. They were actual stories- Except animated and without content a child shouldn't see. Strip it down to the core, and it was entertaining on a deeper level. Made me want to write, though I wouldn't say that my writing is kid friendly the majority of the time. But the kind of writing that could be, and still be entertaining for myself and others, is what I'm talking about. I don't know why this makes me so upset, but it does. It's art- Something that I live for- And it's dying out. Like the music industry, though that went a long time ago in my opinion. What is going on?
Someone needs to revive everything, unless this is a sign of some sort, of a greater era or an end to life as we know it. Or all life at all. Well, probably not- We just need people to dig their brains out from technology and move forward. It's isolating people, in a way, though I wouldn't just pull the plug on innovation. There's just something wrong with what we're doing. Must be.
Though I started on entertainment. Entertainment does offer great insight to society- Though we've made great strides towards things that make my future look very bright, we're missing something. We have the equality that will allow people like me to feel like they belong in society, but I'm not sure if society is well itself.
I blame the sellouts, corporations, capitalism and ignorance.
I blame the man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment